AGT on Social Media:
Jason T. Thompson
Jason combines legal experience and strategic vision in helping his clients structure, negotiate, and integrate corporate acquisitions. His training as a certified public accountant adds additional value to his representation of national, regional, and local clients in everything from private placements and general corporate matters to venture capital financing and corporate structuring and financing.
Jason focuses on:
- Early stage company formation
- Angel and venture capital financing
- Private placement of securities
- Business plan review and advice
- Mergers and acquisitions
- General corporate law
Prior to joining Michael Best, he served as Vice President of Development and Planning for a petroleum company. He also worked for a large multinational accounting firm.
Notable work includes:
- Assisted with financings in the $300-$400 million sale of a healthcare company
- Assisted with financings in the sale of the real estate assets of three separate LLCs
- Provided assistance on general corporate matters including board meetings and filings with the SEC for mutual fund companies
- Assisted with establishing a sub-investment advisor agreement for a mutual fund in Ireland. Jason worked on regulatory filings and contract negotiations, resulting in the fund being cleared and operated under the EU’s Undertakings for the Collective Investment of Transferrable Securities’ (UCIT) regulatory regime.
- Negotiated and drafted transaction documents in a water company client’s sale of shares to underwriters
- Assisted in the formation and financing of a new manufacturing company
- Assisted a client in the purchase and development of a historic retail building into a hotel
- Assisted clients with the purchase and sales of their businesses, ranging in size from $5 million to in excess of $300 million
Honors & Recognitions
- “Rising Stars” list in the area of mergers and acquisitions, Super Lawyers magazine
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Board of Directors, American Gene Technologies® International Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors, CareView Communications, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors, O’Sheridan Insurance Alliance, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors, SwanLeap, Inc.
- Member, Investment Committee, Badger Fund of Funds
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Juris Doctor (J.D.), 2006; Member, Wisconsin Law Review
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), 1996; Accounting
- Board Member and Assistant Treasurer, Wisconsin Women’s Health Foundation, Inc.
AGT on Social Media: