American Gene Technologies: A Growing Gene and Cell Therapy Company
We are seeking an Associate Scientist that will work within the discovery team to validate targets for progression to product development, manufacturing and clinical trials. Experience performing quantitative RT-PCR, cell culture of both transformed cell lines and primary cells, propagating human viruses, production of lentivirus vectors, in situ hybridization, and/or flow cytometry is preferred.
If you are an experienced scientist driven to discover the future of gene and cell therapy and are an innovative, adaptable, positive team member…AGT is looking for you.
We are seeking an Associate Scientist that will work within the discovery team to develop and execute assays required for product development and manufacturing release, as well as, to develop and execute translational research assays to evaluate drug safety and efficacy during clinical trial development.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the analytical development of molecular, virological, and immunological based assays by performing and reporting assay results through assay development phase and for product lot release and clinical development phases, as needed.
- Contribute to the writing of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Lab management responsibilities including ordering, reagent preparation, and equipment maintenance in cooperation with Quality assurance.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Life Sciences
- A track record of technical excellence at the bench
- Flexible mindset and ability to adapt to change
- Willing to work with samples from HIV+ subjects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience performing quantitative RT-PCR, cell culture of both transformed cell lines and primary cells, propagating human viruses, production of lentivirus vectors, in situ hybridization, and/or flow cytometry
- Experience in analytical assay development to meet quality standards including but not limited to LOB, LOD, LLOQ, and %CV
- Biotechnology experience
American Gene Technologies (AGT) is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applications without discriminating on the basis of disability, sex or sexual orientation, race or ethnic origin, marital or civil partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law. AGT employees receive competitive salaries, comprehensive healthcare coverage, paid gym membership, 401K plan with employer contribution, incentive stock options and annual paid leave.
Job Types : Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
PPE Equipment provided, Rapid Onsite COVID-19 testing for employees
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Life Science
Work Location: One location