Compensation: competitive salary, benefits, plus stock options.
AGT is on the eve of testing a cure for HIV in the clinic and has therapeutics in development for a variety of solid-tumor cancers including liver, breast, and prostate.
If you don’t know it already, gene and cell therapy is beginning to yield cures for diseases that were formally thought of as incurable or even untreatable. AGT is a technology leader in this disruptive technology and has a broad platform of tools and drug candidates that are showing promise to greatly extend life and quality of life for millions of patients.
This could be your opportunity to be part of a revolution in drug development that will reshape the pharmaceutical industry and change the world’s expectation of the efficacy of therapeutics and cures for a myriad of serious human diseases.
As AGT continues to develop projects with markets in the billions of dollars and prepares for potential liquidity events including the possibility of an IPO, we are looking for a top-notch financial professional. Someone with deep skills in financial modeling and spreadsheets to track an increasingly complex operation and provide accounting and analysis ranging from general bookkeeping to strategic, fundraising, and liquidity options.
Here’s a chance to gain priceless experience working directly for the CFO of an emerging biotech company on its way to becoming a leading public company in the gene and cell therapy industry.
This is an opportunity for someone who is willing to work hard and stretch themselves to learn, grow and enhance their career opportunities in the future with skills and experience that can only be found at a growing company like AGT.
If you are picked for our growing team, you will work on projects that may touch millions of lives, and you will not only share the excitement and fulfillment of being able to help end suffering and save lives, but you can earn stock options that could become an unparalleled financial upside for you, your family, and your colleagues on the AGT team.
- Preparing budgets, financial forecasts, and ad hoc analyses
- Reconciling transactions, and assisting with financial closes and financial reports in accordance with GAAP
- Comparing, consolidating, and analyzing results with plans and forecasts
- Maintaining spreadsheet databases, online equity records, and calculating equity compensation
- Assist fundraising efforts, including preparation of financial data both historical and forecast, along with transaction documentation management.
- Providing recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Driving process improvements and policy development initiatives
- Top-tier public accounting experience
- Proven working experience as a finance analyst/accountant
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, MS Office, and financial software applications
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis in corporate finance
- Familiarity with biotech industry and equity transactions a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or related field required; MBA/CPA preferred
Job Type: Full Time